The former Bank of Nova Scotia at 424 West Hastings is an attractive little building. Built in 1904 and designed by the firm of Dalton & Eveleigh this was the bank’s head office until their new office tower was constructed at the corner of Seymour and Hastings in 1910.
At some point the building got a make over and the columns that once graced the facade disappeared from view. What’s interesting is they are still in place, just hiding behind a bunch of bricks. Here’s hoping they’ll be exposed and brought back into view again.
For a full history of the building check out Changing Vancouver.